Ziad Nawfal’s monthly mix for Radio Ma3azef in Tunis – special Irtijal’20 edition featuring music from all festival participants:
1. Ghassan Sahhab – Taqasim Qanun [LB]
2. Paed Conca w/ City of Salt – Dreamy Ape [CH/IQ/CA]
3. Two or The Dragon – Live at Metro, June 2018 [LB]
4. Aya Metwalli – All the Gold on Earth [EG]
5. NAR – Ma Tensa [LB]
6. Calamita – Al’Il [LB/IT]
7. Rabih Beaini – Light Within a Light [LB]
8. Sary Moussa – Distance [LB]
9. Fadi Tabbal – The New and Improved Guide to Birdwatching Vol.3 (Patricia Wolf Beatless Remix) [LB/US]
10. TEDTEDTED – Day 21 (Diary of A Revolution) [LB]
11. Jad Atoui – Zikr [LB]
12. Ziad Moukarzel – Questions of Worry [LB]
13. Kinematik – Al-Qulub Al-Mughallafa Bet-Turab La Tankaser [LB]
Ziad Nawfal’s 1st monthly mix for Movement Radio in Athens – with a focus on Lebanese musicians:
1. Kinematik – Murur al-kiram
2. Sharif Sehnaoui – N [live at radio liban] 3. Jad Atoui – Signals
4. Munma – Three voices
5. Charbel Haber – We dream in the sun we tan when we can
6. Youmna Saba – Nafas [live at radio liban] 7. Osman Arabi – The xi masks of the faceless one [live at radio liban] 8. Fadi Tabbal – The new and improved guide to birdwatching vol.3
9. Sary Moussa – In praise of shadows
10. Ziad Moukarzel – Questions of worry [excerpt] 11. El Rass & Munma – Freestyle [live at radio liban]
[This mix was commissioned and produced by Onassis Cultural Center, and presented for the first time in the frame of MOVEMENT RADIO]
U.S.-born musician Nathan Larson and Lebanese producer and promoter Ziad Nawfal were the guests of Leyla Nahas on Radio Liban 96.2FM, to describe the long road leading to the creation and production of Beirut Drone ’19. Put together by Nawfal’s Ruptured and Larson’s Lumen Project, in partnership with Ziad Moukarzel’s Woodwork Studios, this 12-hour festival took place in Beirut on June 15 at Zoukak Studio, and featured no less than 21 Lebanese and international top-notch musicians and VJ’s.
1. Stephanie Merchak
2. Youmna Saba
3. Charbel Haber & Oiseaux-Tempête
4. Wildbirds & Peacedrums
5. Maria W. Horn
2018 marked the 10th anniversary of “The Ruptured Sessions”, a series of live performances set and conducted in the studios of Radio Lebanon, during Ziad Nawfal’s “Ruptures” show.
These sessions were (and still are) aimed at highlighting the best of what Lebanon has to offer, as far as local musical talent goes. The list is long and varied, and includes such artists as Nadine Khouri, Youmna Saba, Rayess Bek, Fareeq el Atrash, Mashrou’ Leila, Wanton Bishops, Who Killed Bruce Lee, Postcards, and many others.
To celebrate these live sessions’ 10 years of existence, we will be releasing this Christmas a set by Lebanese musician Salim Naffah aka Alko B, recorded on January 2nd, 2017. The session features tracks from Alko B’s first release, “Sex Tapes”, as well as a couple of new songs.
I asked some of my favorite musician and artist friends, from Beirut and beyond, to list their 10 favorite albums of 2012…
Alternately, they could also provide me with a list of the records they listened to the most in 2012, regardless of date of release.