NEW FROM RUPTURED & ANNIHAYA ON AUGUST 18th.
Following their collaboration on the Lebanese vinyl edition of Senyawa’s “Alkisah” in February 2021, indie labels Annihaya and Ruptured are collaborating on two vinyl releases, to be released simultaneously in August 2021.
These are the 3rd album from Lebanese post-rock collective KINEMATIK, entitled “Al Jadi”, and the 2nd album from CALAMITA (the trio of guitarist Sharif Sehnaoui, bassist Tony Elieh and drummer Davide Zolli), entitled “Nemesis”.
NEW FROM RUPTURED ON JULY 8th.
The duo of Lebanese electronic producers Jad Atoui and Anthony Sahyoun releases LATTICES, its first album release of grainy, evocative ambient explorations.
LATTICES is concerned with the exploration of non-deterministic approaches to producing electronic music, based on improvised techniques using modular systems and synthesizers.
Performed and produced by Jad Atoui and Anthony Sahyoun at home during lockdown in Beirut, 2020.
Mixed by Anthony Sahyoun at Tunefork Studios, Beirut.
Mastered by Rafael Irisarri at Black Knoll Studios, NYC.
Artwork by Anthony Sahyoun.
Pre-order from Bandcamp HERE
Also available from Amazon + Anghami + Apple Music + Deezer + Juno + Spotify
Ruptured Records Label Mix [2011-2021] – For RADIO ALHARA’s Sonic Liberation Front series:
1. Alko B – Some Things [Ruptured Session]
2. Postcards – Flying Saucers [Ruptured Session]
3. Charlie Rayne – Disposable Valentine [Ruptured Session]
4. Safar – Wa Namshi
5. The Bunny Tylers – It Seems It All Disappears
6. Kinematik – Al-Qulub Al-Mughallafa Bet-Turab La Tankaser
7. Mme Chandelier – Minimal Potato
8. Jad Atoui – Impulse [Ruptured Session]
9. Radiokvm – Alpha Apparatus
10. TEDTEDTED – Cama
11. Munma – Muse
12. Stellar Banger [Pablo Giw, Ali Hout, Abed Kobeissy and Joss Turnbull] – Sextant
13. Two or The Dragon – Dance Grooves for The Weary [excerpt]
14. Aya Metwalli – Istana [Senyawa Rework]
15. Fadi Tabbal – Crystal Palace
16. El Rass & Munma – Sanadet
17. Kid Fourteen – The Dancer
Ziad Nawfal’s monthly mix for Radio Ma3azef in Tunis:
1. Stellar Banger – Intro PREMIERE
2. Two or The Dragon – Dance Grooves for The Weary [excerpt] PREMIERE
3. Sharif Sehnaoui & Tony Elieh – Woe to Him [excerpt]
4. Liliane Chlela & Ziad Moukarzel – Dahr el Baydar [excerpt]
5. Anthony Sahyoun & Jad Atoui – Walls Don’t Blink [excerpt]
6. Fadi Tabbal & Julia Sabra – Roots
7. Elyse Tabet & Jawad Nawfal – Courbe Lisse
8. Charbel Haber & Sary Moussa – And Yet Another Romance on A Sinking Ship [excerpt]
9. Aya Metwalli & Nadia Daou – Saturnus [excerpt]
Ziad Nawfal’s monthly mix for Radio Ma3azef in Tunis – featuring music from Egypt, Lebanon, Tunisia, Iran, Scotland and the UK:
1. FRKTL – Where All Levels Cross [EG]
2. Pie Are Squared – 0CL8 [EG]
3. Jawad Nawfal – Nine Hundred Chariots [LB]
4. Azu Tiwaline – Tessiture [TN]
5. Shakeeb Abu Hamdan & Sholto Dobie – Sling Shotting [LB/UK]
6. Ahmed Saleh – Right Side [EG]
7. Etyen & Khansa – Rabbi [LB]
8. Saint Abdullah – The Birds Discuss the Journey (feat. John Butcher) [IR/UK]
9. Sandy Chamoun – Dreams of The Imagination / أحلام الخيال [LB]
10. NP [Jad Atoui + Anthony Sahyoun] – Grinning Through Dust [LB]
11. Hassan Khan – Tabla Dubb No.15 [EG]
12. Bikya [Maurice Louca / Mahmoud Refat / Mahmoud Waly] – Rokab [EG]
13. Sepehr – Contamination [IR]
Arriving February 21 on Ruptured + Annihaya.
Ruptured and Annihaya (as well as a hefty assortment of indie labels from all over the place, including Jordan’s Drowned By Locals and Bahrain’s Qarar) are taking part in the release of SENYAWA’s incredible new album “Alkisah”, on February 21st.
To accompany our co-release of “Alkisah”, we’ve commissioned remixes from some of our favorite contributors: Anthony Sahyoun, Aya Metwalli, C-drík, Hatem Imam, Jad Atoui, Jana Saleh, Jawad Nawfal, Safa, Stephanie Merchak and Ziad Moukarzel.
Order from Bandcamp HERE and HERE
WATCH ‘ISTANA’ VIDEO
Another “archival” mix, this one was commissioned for Recordat for their Re:levant series of podcasts; it showcases music recorded by Lebanese artists hailing from different genres and music denominations, between 2003 and 2012.
Some of the tracks are basic demos (Kitano Home Ensemble, Liliane Chlela), others are live versions (Court-Circuit, Kerbaj/Sehnaoui) or studio sessions, a couple were officially released, while overall nothing is properly mastered. They provide a window into a more frivolous, less rigid time, where experimentation and trial-and-error were often the norm.
1. Kitano Home Ensemble – Sunday Afternoon (Unreleased)
2. Liliane Chlela – I Scream (Unreleased)
3. Tarek Atoui / Uriel Barthelemi / Paed Conca – Session 01 (Unreleased)
4. Mazen Kerbaj + Sharif Sehnaoui – Ruptured Session April 2012 (Unreleased)
5. Court Circuit [Heathen + Osman Arabi] – Ruptured Session February 2010 (Unreleased)
6. Ae_Quo [Jawad Nawfal + Victor Bresse] – Maquette 01 (Unreleased)
7. AEX [Jawad Nawfal + Victor Bresse] – Electrolog (Unreleased)
8. Jad Atoui – Code Breaker (Unreleased)
9. OkyDoky & Radiokvm – Ein Souda (Unreleased)
10. Scrambled Eggs & A Trio – Beach Party at Mirna El Chalouhi [Diamond Setter’s Rework] (Unreleased)
11. Youmna Saba – Nasmet Hawa (Unreleased)
12. FEZANT – Message
13. Intensive Care – ficti(on)
14. Spoils & Servants – Saturn Fever (Unreleased)
Ziad Nawfal’s guest mix for Radio Alhara x The Ballroom Blitz’s takeover for Worldwide FM – all selections are by Lebanese musicians:
1. Jad Atoui – Zikr
2. Sary Moussa – Aristophanes*213
3. El Rass & Munma – Freestyle [Ruptured Session]
4. Hadi Zeidan – Mabrouk Mabrouk
5. Kid Fourteen – Ice in My Eyes
6. The Incompetents – 2 HJ
7. Kinematik – Lalochezia [Ruptured Session]
8. Zalfa – Law Ma
9. Liliane Chlela – 2022
10. Rise 1969 – 3Jane Tessier-Ashpool
11. Stephanie Merchak – Und meine Antwort war nein
12. TEDTEDTED – Wwhl
13. Tarek Atoui – Un-drum #3 [Ruptured Session]
14. Marc Codsi – 1979
15. Jerusalem In My Heart – Kol El ‘Aalam O’youn
16. Bana Haffar – Exo