I asked some of my favorite musicians from Beirut and beyond, to tell me what their favorite records of 2011 were…
Ziad Moukarzel: musician (Mocques, Anton Stator, formerly with Index/Left)
– Radiohead: TKOL Remixes 1234567
– Modeselektor: Monkey Town
– Hessle Audio Presents: 116 & Rising
– Martyn: Ghost People
– Matthew David: International EP
– Rustie: Glass Swords
– Various Artists: Let The Children Techno (Ed Banger Records)
– Beastie Boys: Don’t Play No Game That I Can’t Win
– Amon Tobin: ISAM
– Enduser: Even Weight
Published by z.nawfal
ZIAD NAWFAL is a Beirut-based DJ, radio host, music promoter and producer, and the co-founder of ground-breaking independent label Ruptured with Lebanese studio owner and engineer Fadi Tabbal.
Nawfal has spent the better part of the last 20 years exposing Lebanon and the world to the special local and regional independent music talent, on his long-running radio shows ‘Ruptures’ and ‘Decalages’ on Radio-Lebanon 96.2FM.
Since 2010, he is also the managing director of Irtijal, the first and foremost festival for experimental music in Lebanon.
View all posts by z.nawfal