On the occasion of the release of Munma‘s new LP Three Voices in Beirut, this edition of the Ruptures radio show featured demos, album tracks, exclusive versions and remixes culled from this talented Lebanese producer’s 10-year (and ongoing) career.
1. Munma: Soft Integration (Previews and Premises, 2010)
2. Munma: A Tribute to Mahjoub Omar (demo, 2013)
3. El Rass & Munma: ‘Awdat al Batriq (Adam, Darwin & the Batriq, 2014)
4. Munma with Naserdayn el Touffar: Nay (demo, 2014)
5. Munma: Munma (34 Days, 2006)
6. Munma: IRM (Black Tuesday, 2007)
7. Munma: Engram (Unholy Republic, 2008)
8. Trash Inc. & Munma: Nightwalker #2 (demo, 2009)
9. Index/Left: Hecatonchires (demo, 2010)
10. Scrambled Eggs: Bleeding Nun (Munma remix, from Happy Together Filthy Forever, 2006)
11. Litter: Hummingbird (Munma remix, from Newfound Grids, 2012)
12. Infinite Moment of Composure: Infiltration (Turbulence, 2012)
13. Tasjil Moujahed: Aviatrix (Musafer, 2012)
14. Munma feat. radiokvm: The Funeral (No Apologies, 2013)
Ziad Nawfal presents THE RUPTURED SESSIONS , VOLUME 5
CD release + live performances
LIVE PERFORMANCES BY:
Charbel Haber (featuring surprise guest)
DJ SET BY:
On Thursday 21 March 2013, starting 9pm
At Yukunkun, Rue du Liban, Gemmayzeh, Beirut
——————————————————- ABOUT THE CD
The Ruptured Sessions is a series of live recordings produced by Lebanese radio host Ziad Nawfal in the studios of Radio Lebanon. The sessions take place during Nawfal’s weekly program Ruptures, with musicians from Beirut’s alternative scene and elsewhere.
Volume 5 documents the city’s younger wave of electronic composers, and features performances from the likes of Jad Atoui, Liliane Chlela, Mocques and RadioKVM. Also included are recordings from American experimental musician Robert Lowe (in his Lichens guise); up-and-coming international projects Praed and Under The Carpet; as well as an exclusive duo of Lebanese guitarist extraordinaireCharbel Nicolas Haber and Canadian sound-maker Radwan Ghazi Moumneh.
The sessions for Volume 5 were recorded in Beirut by sound engineer and musician Fadi Tabbal; and subsequently mastered in Berlin by Belgian artist and producer C-drík, who also worked on Ruptured releases El Rass and Under The Carpet.
I asked some of my favorite musician and artist friends, from Beirut and beyond, to list their 10 favorite albums of 2012…
Alternately, they could also provide me with a list of the records they listened to the most in 2012, regardless of date of release.
I asked some of my favorite musicians from Beirut and beyond, to tell me what their favorite records of 2011 were…
Ziad Moukarzel: musician (Mocques, Anton Stator, formerly with Index/Left)
– Radiohead: TKOL Remixes 1234567
– Modeselektor: Monkey Town
– Hessle Audio Presents: 116 & Rising
– Martyn: Ghost People
– Matthew David: International EP
– Rustie: Glass Swords
– Various Artists: Let The Children Techno (Ed Banger Records)
– Beastie Boys: Don’t Play No Game That I Can’t Win
– Amon Tobin: ISAM
– Enduser: Even Weight
Lebanese musician Ziad Moukarzel, aka Mocques, was the guest of Ruptures for an interview + live electronic performance. Mocques’ ‘Ruptured’ showcase took place a couple of weeks following his first solo concert in Beirut, during which he played alongside local musicians Munma and Jad Atoui, and foreign musicians Kirdec (Belgium) and One Man Nation (Singapore).