I asked some of my favorite musicians from Beirut and beyond, to tell me what their favorite records of 2011 were…
Jawad Nawfal: producer, sound artist, musician (Munma, formerly with Index/Left, AEX, Ae_Quo…)
– Amon Tobin: ISAM (Ninja Tune)
– Culprate:Colours (Gradient Audio)
– Kuedo: Videowave EP (Planet Mu)
– Vessel: Wax Dance EP (A Future Without)
– 2562: Fever (Doubt Records)
– Zomby: Nothing (4AD)
– Loops Haunt: Ark EP (Black Acre)
– iTAL tEK: Whip It Up EP (Atom River)
– Semiomine: From Memory (Ad Noiseam)
– The Third Eye Foundation: The Dark (Ici D’ailleurs)
Published by z.nawfal
ZIAD NAWFAL is a Beirut-based DJ, radio host, music promoter and producer, and the co-founder of ground-breaking independent label Ruptured with Lebanese studio owner and engineer Fadi Tabbal.
Nawfal has spent the better part of the last 20 years exposing Lebanon and the world to the special local and regional independent music talent, on his long-running radio shows ‘Ruptures’ and ‘Decalages’ on Radio-Lebanon 96.2FM.
Since 2010, he is also the managing director of Irtijal, the first and foremost festival for experimental music in Lebanon.
View all posts by z.nawfal