Coinciding with the release of Lebanese musician and producer MARC CODSI’s new album THE SILENCE BETWEEN THE NEW WORLD AND THE AFTERMATH by Ruptured, Ziad Nawfal’s monthly mix for RADIO ALHARA consisted exclusively of tracks by Marc Codsi, taken from both his solo and various group projects.
Marc Codsi – 1979 [Faded Postcards]
Scrambled Eggs – We Should Share More Than Circumstance [No Special Date nor A Deity to Venerate]
Lumi – Raised in Fire [The Night Was a Liar]
Marc Codsi – Piano Part 2 [Faded Postcards]
Marc Codsi – A Light [V/A Nisf Madeena]
Zalfa – Law Ma [Fi Dam]
Scrambled Eggs – Just [Nevermind Where, Just Drive]
Marc Codsi – Invocation I [A New World]
Marc Codsi – Hangar #12 [The Silence Between the New World and The Aftermath]
Marc Codsi – Empty Resonant Shells [V/A Anthology of Electroacoustic Lebanese Music]
Marc Codsi – Faded Postcard 1 [Faded Postcards]
Marc Codsi – Finding Home [The Silence Between the New World and The Aftermath]
This mix was commissioned by Movement Athens for its radio festival “Exploring Mediterranean Futures” [Feb. 15-19, 2022], a 5-day radio festival focused on the sounds of the Mediterranean, searching for geographical and chronological connections through its culture, ideas and people.
Ziad Nawfal’s mix presents music recorded by various artists and bands from Beirut’s indie and experimental music scenes, between 2010 and 2021. A few of the tracks were officially released in some form or another, some of them are early drafts and demos, and a couple consist of live sessions recorded during Nawfal’s 35-year tenure at Beirut’s crumbling government station Radio Liban.
Fadi Tabbal – After the Fire, Before the End [Unreleased]
Charbel Haber & Sary Moussa – And Yet Another Romance on A Sinking Ship [V/A The Drone Sessions Vol. 1]
Scrambled Eggs & A Trio – Beach Party at Mirna el Chalouhi (Diamond Setter’s Rework) [Unreleased]
The Art of Boo – BoomKaboom [Unreleased]
Safa – Dominant Gene [V/A Lost Archives]
Jad Atoui – FDBCK [Unreleased]
Tres Milliones Dolares – Jon Black [V/A Anthology of Electroacoustic Lebanese Music]
Ziad Moukarzel – Questions of Worry [V/A Anthology of Electroacoustic Lebanese Music]
Coinciding with the release of Lebanese musician and producer Fadi Tabbal’s new album MUSIC FOR THE LONELY Vol.2 by Lebanese indie label Ruptured, Ziad Nawfal’s monthly mix for Ma3azef consisted exclusively of tracks by Fadi Tabbal, both from his solo and various group projects.
Fadi Tabbal – Woolgathering (2013)
The Bunny Tylers – While Her Blood Screams His Name (2016)
Stress Distress – What Children Dream About (2019)
Scrambled Eggs – SE + SS, MK & FT (2010)
Under The Carpet – Rock Bottom (2015)
Fadi Tabbal – The Quiet Earth (2013)
Stress Distress – Night [Theme from Days of Gone 2] (2016)
Fadi Tabbal – The New and Improved Guide to Birdwatching Vol.2 (2020)
Fadi Tabbal – Music for Circles (2018)
Fadi Tabbal – How’s Annie (Edit) (2016)
Fadi Tabbal – Crystal Palace (2015)
The Bunny Tylers – Contact Transfer Stains (2016)
Fadi Tabbal – Ceremony by The Sea (2020)
Fadi Tabbal – Snow Scene [with Ghassan Sahhab] (2022)
Ziad Nawfal’s monthly mix for Movement Radio in Athens – showcasing Lebanese digital electronic label VV-VA. This mix was commissioned and produced by Onassis Cultural Center, and presented for the first time in the frame of MOVEMENT RADIO.
1. Charbel Haber & Jawad Nawfal – Across The River Styx 2. Jad Atoui & Jawad Nawfal – Amber Color 3. Elyse Tabet & Jawad Nawfal – At The Gay Bar Being Gay 4. Sharif Sehnaoui & Jawad Nawfal – Castle 5. Jawad Nawfal – Between Scylla and Charybdis 6. Anthony Sahyoun & Jawad Nawfal – February 2 pt.2 7. Jawad Nawfal – Nine Hundred Chariots 8. Mazen El Sayed & Jawad Nawfal – Liquid Sun 9. Jad Atoui – Signals 10. Jad Atoui & Jawad Nawfal – Vice Versa 11. Mazen El Sayed & Jawad Nawfal – Pastless 12. Elyse Tabet & Jawad Nawfal – Courbe Lisse
Quite the honor to be interviewed by Wafa Khochen for her weekly show Micro-Ondes.
We spoke about the early days of Ruptured Records, the creation of the label with Fadi Tabbal, our series of radio compilations, and recent spate of physical and digital releases.
1. Scrambled Eggs – Bleeding Nun (2006)
2. The Incompetents – Cannibal Blues (Ruptured Session, 2011)
3. Safar – Wa Namshi (2017)
4. Postcards – Revolvers (2018)
5. Interbellum – Ready to Dissolve (2018)
6. The Bunny Tylers – One of These Days (2017)
7. Munma – Muse (2016)
1. Stellar Banger – Intro PREMIERE
2. Two or The Dragon – Dance Grooves for The Weary [excerpt] PREMIERE
3. Sharif Sehnaoui & Tony Elieh – Woe to Him [excerpt]
4. Liliane Chlela & Ziad Moukarzel – Dahr el Baydar [excerpt]
5. Anthony Sahyoun & Jad Atoui – Walls Don’t Blink [excerpt]
6. Fadi Tabbal & Julia Sabra – Roots
7. Elyse Tabet & Jawad Nawfal – Courbe Lisse
8. Charbel Haber & Sary Moussa – And Yet Another Romance on A Sinking Ship [excerpt]
9. Aya Metwalli & Nadia Daou – Saturnus [excerpt]
Ziad Nawfal’s 6th monthly mix for Movement Radio in Athens – featuring music from Lebanon, Palestine, Jordan, Palestine, Turkey and Indonesia. This mix was commissioned and produced by Onassis Cultural Center, and presented for the first time in the frame of MOVEMENT RADIO.
1. Faten Kanaan – The North Wind [SY/PS/JO/LB]
2. Senyawa – Alkisah I (Anthony Sahyoun Remix) [LB]
3. Anthony Sahyoun – Two Foxes Trotting on A Lane in Qartaba [LB]
4. Charbel Haber – Beside A Monument to Whirling Nebulas of Murderers’ Fantasies, dressed in Sunday Best, Lay the Bodies of Docile Beasts [LB]
5. The Bunny Tylers – The Skies and Planets Over Stalingrad Days Before the Defeat [LB]
6. Fadi Tabbal – After the Fire, Before the End (feat. Julia Sabra) [LB]
7. Asaf Zeki Yüksel – Democracy Lessons [TR]
8. Marc Codsi – A Light [LB]
9. Senyawa – Istana (Jawad Nawfal Remix) [ID/LB]
10. NAR – Ma Tensa [LB]
Initiated and realized by Lumen Project, in collaboration with Ruptured and Tunefork Producers: Ziad Nawfal, Lina Enqvist, Maria Lyth, Erik Sandberg and Nathan Larson
Graphic design by Caroline Igel
Photography by Lujain Jo and Erik Sandberg
Editing by Erik Sandberg and Nathan Larson
With support from Musikverket
The Drone Sessions vol. 1 – Live at Tunefork Studios
In partnership with Nathan Larson and Lumen Project (Stockholm)
Featuring brand new music from Fadi Tabbal & Julia Sabra – Anthony Sahyoun & Jad Atoui – Elyse Tabet & Jawad Nawfal – Charbel Haber & Sary Moussa – Aya Metwalli & Nadia Daou – Sharif Sehnaoui & Tony Elieh – Liliane Chlela & Ziad Moukarzel.
Mastered by Cedrik Fermont at Syrphe, Berlin. Design by Nour Raad.