Quite the honor to be interviewed by Wafa Khochen for her weekly show Micro-Ondes.
We spoke about the early days of Ruptured Records, the creation of the label with Fadi Tabbal, our series of radio compilations, and recent spate of physical and digital releases.
1. Scrambled Eggs – Bleeding Nun (2006)
2. The Incompetents – Cannibal Blues (Ruptured Session, 2011)
3. Safar – Wa Namshi (2017)
4. Postcards – Revolvers (2018)
5. Interbellum – Ready to Dissolve (2018)
6. The Bunny Tylers – One of These Days (2017)
7. Munma – Muse (2016)
Ziad Nawfal’s guest mix for Radio Alhara, featuring selections from all 6 volumes of “The Ruptured Sessions” [2008-2019]:
1. El Rass & Munma – Freestyle 
2. Fareeq El Atrash – Njoom `Am Te’rab 
3. The Incompetents – Cannibal Blues 
4. Intensive Care – Another You 
5. White Trees – The Game of Love 
6. Charbel Haber – Building A Nest 
7. Sandmoon – Dead of Jericho 
8. Charlie Rayne – Madeleines 
9. Postcards – Flying Saucers 
10. Youmna Saba feat. Fadi Tabbal – Tehfi 
11. Safar – Overlove 
12. Alko B – Some Things 
13. Cosmic Analog Ensemble – Early Embankment 
14. The Wanton Bishops – Whoopy 
15. Who Killed Bruce Lee – Pool Party 
16. Mashrou’ Leila – Im Bimbillila7 
17. Kinematik – Lalochezia 
In the aftermath of the August 4th explosion in Beirut, which left several hundred people dead, thousands injured, and resulted in city-wide material damage, several labels and platforms have started releasing compilations in support of the crisis.
The Ruptured Sessions Vol.6 is the latest iteration of Ziad Nawfal‘s series of live recordings in the studios of Radio Lebanon. Spanning a period of 10 years, this collection includes live versions of songs by Lebanese musicians Alko B, The Incompetents, Kinematik, Postcards, Safar, The Wanton Bishops, Who Killed Bruce Lee, and Youmna Saba, as well as previously unreleased tracks by Charlie Rayne, Cosmic Analog Ensemble, and El Rass & Munma.
All Bandcamp sales from this release will be forwarded to Tunefork Studios‘ Beirut Musicians’ Fund, aimed at providing relief to musicians impacted by the deadly blast of August 4th. The fund will replace musicians’ damaged recording equipment, instruments and various music gear.
Buy The Ruptured Sessions Vol.6here.
Read Scene Noise‘s review here.
Donate to Beirut Musicians’ Fundhere.
Sunday 1st January 2017, Radio Lebanon 96.2FM (10am-12pm)
The best way to start the year, undoubtedly, with a selection of tracks from Lebanese, Palestinian and Egyptian artists and bands:
1. Safar: No service (lb)
2. Alko B: Charlie / And out (lb)
3. Nadine Khouri: A song to the city (lb)
4. Ramly: The cold (lb)
5. Aya Metwalli: Triangle (eg)
6. Bachar Mar-Khalife: Ya nas (lb)
7. Maii & Zeid: Hassafer baeed (eg/lb)
8. Zeid & The Wings: Cowards (lb)
9. Wake Island: Milad majik (lb)
10. Gurumiran: Dreamer (lb)
11. Filter Happier: Dust (lb)
12. Fadi Tabbal: A glass tower (lb)
13. Youmna Saba: Khyout / Sadeeq (lb)
14. Youmna Saba: Al hitan (lb)
15. Postcards: Porto (lb)
16. Charlie Rayne: Madeleines (lb)
17. Serge Yared: 2HJ (lb)
18. The Incompetents: Closing time (lb)
19. Heroes & Villains: Out of credit (lb)
20. Etyen: Lo siento (lb)
21. Kid Fourteen: Find your lover (lb)
22. Mashrou’ Leila: Wa nueid (lb)
23. Sandmoon: Time has yet to come (lb)
24. White Trees: Natural symphony of sounds and colors (lb)
25. Safar: Wa namchi (lb)
26. Interbellum: Double back (lb)
27. Tamer Abu Ghazaleh: Hob (ps)
28. Maryam Saleh: Walaa soda (eg)
29. Mme Chandelier: Minimal potato (lb)
30. El Rass & Munma: Kashghara (lb)
Ruptured is thrilled to be releasing SAFAR‘s new album this coming Monday at Metro al-Madina, Hamra, Beirut! “In Transit” is a compilation of the band’s first three EPs “23 Kilograms”, “Carry-On” and “Gate 03”.
A radio show entirely devoted to the 6th edition of the Wickerpark Festival, taking place on September 10th, 2016, in Batroun, North Lebanon. Featuring some exclusive material from the bands playing in the festival, as well as a special live performance from Loopstache!
Wanton Bishops ‘Waslaha’
Kid Fourteen ‘It’s a lovely night’
Loopstache ‘Time with you is not wasted’ – Ruptures exclusive –
Interbellum ‘Brian Wilson’
Filter Happier ‘Home’
Etyen ‘Lo siento’
Loopstache ‘All I need is you’ – LIVE –
Safar ‘It’s you’ – Ruptures exclusive –
Kid Fourteen ‘The dancer’
Lumi ‘Talk to you’ – Ruptures exclusive –
Wanton Bishops ‘Sun rising’
Safar ‘Wa namchi’
Filter Happier ‘Glow’
Lebanese musicians Mayssa Jallad and Elie Abdelnour, aka folk duo SAFAR, were the guests of Ruptures for an interview and no less than four live performances of tracks taken from their first release, the “23 Kilograms” EP, as well as newer compositions. They were accompanied by Fadi Tabbal on guitar and various electronic contraptions. Listen: ruptures safar 15 june (part 1)+ruptures safar 15 june (part 2)
Norah Jones & Andre 3000