The full, unedited version of Ziad Nawfal’s DJ set for the Morphine x Beirut fundraiser, organized by Morphine Records in Berlin, in collaboration with Irtijal, Ruptured, Frequent Defect, The Ballroom Blitz, Unsound and CTM:
1. Jerusalem In My Heart – A Granular Buzuk (feat. Sharif Sehnaoui) [LB]
2. Kid Fourteen – One Day I’m Gone [LB]
3. PanSTARRS – Khally Balak Hatmoot [EG]
4. MAKH – Abstract [LB]
5. Jad Atoui – Alpha 60 [LB]
6. Radiokvm – Aristophanes*213 [LB]
7. Monolake – Beirut [DE]
8. Morphosis – Wild in Captivity [LB]
9. Liliane Chlela – 2022 [LB]
10. DJ Haram – Overeager [US]
11. Aya Metwalli – Matkhafsh Menni [EG]
12. Rise 1969 – 3Jane Tessier-Ashpool [LB]
13. Lumi – To the Shore [LB]
Ziad Nawfal’s monthly mix for Radio Ma3azef in Tunis – featuring music from Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, Tunisia, the USA and Germany:
1. Monolake – Beirut [DE]
2. MAKH – Abstract [LB]
3. Elyse Tabet & Jawad Nawfal – Coast I [LB]
4. Mash – Echoing [TN]
5. Basel Naouri – Epic Wars [JO]
6. Deena Abdelwahed – Insaniyti [TN]
7. Thoom – Large Fly [LB]
8. Kid Fourteen – One Day I’m Gone [LB]
9. DJ Haram – Overeager [US]
10. Johnny Kafta Anti-Vegetarian Orchestra – Bedo’s Lullaby [LB]
11. Daou – Lust [LB]
12. Aya Metwalli – Lugere [EG]
13. El Rass & Munma – Rissala (Ruptured session) [LB]
14. Bu Nasser Touffar – Nay (prod. Munma) [LB]
In the aftermath of the August 4th explosion in Beirut, which left several hundred people dead, thousands injured, and resulted in city-wide material damage, several labels and platforms have started releasing compilations in support of the crisis.
Grief Into Rage: A Compilation for Beirut is a 36-track compilation by Jordanian label Grief Into Rage, aiming to raise funds in support of Beirut and its inhabitants. 100% of the compilation’s profits will be donated to the Lebanese Red Cross and Tunefork Studios’ Beirut Musicians’ Fund. Notable contributors include Arabs with Synthesizers and Asifeh.
Buy Grief Into Rage here.
System Revival Recordings put together System Revival: For Beirut, The End Of Corruption as a fundraiser for the people of Beirut. 100% of the compilation’s proceeds will go directly to support organizations on the ground in Beirut. Notable contributors to this lengthy 31-track collection include Kujo, Legowelt, MAKH, NP (the duo of Anthony Sahyoun and Jad Atoui), Nur Jaber, Safa and Yasmine Hamdan.
Buy For Beirut, The End Of Corruption here.
Ma3azef teamed up with New York-based mastering engineer Heba Kadry to curate a compilation of new and unreleased material from regional and international musicians, entitled Nisf Madeena (half city). All proceeds from the compilation’s sales are going to local initiatives working to provide assistance on the ground in Beirut, namely AFAC’s Fundraising Campaign for the Arts and Culture Community, Tunefork Studios’ Beirut Musicians’ Fund, and Beit el Baraka. The 17-track compilation includes contributions by Nicolás Jaar, Zuli, Aya Metwalli, Fatima Al Qadiri, Deena Abdelwahed and Marc Codsi.
Buy Nisf Madeena here.