Kinematik – Murur Al-Kiram
LP & Digital Release by Ruptured / Beacon Sound, 28 February 2020
“Murur Al-Kiram”, the new album by Lebanese post-rock ensemble Kinematik, uses electronics, intricate double-drumming, guitar and bass to construct ambient soundscapes and hypnotic, propulsive rhythms – conjuring the ghosts of a diminishing future, as well as an unresolved past. Subtle in both angst and joy, “Murur Al-Kiram” celebrates small victories in the face of great defeats.
Recorded by Fadi Tabbal at Tunefork Studios, Beirut, with assistance from Marwan Tohme.
Photography by Joe Saade.
On the occasion of the release of Munma‘s new LP Three Voices in Beirut, this edition of the Ruptures radio show featured exclusive tracks from Munma with various collaborators, as well as several excerpts from the new album.
1. Munma: Muse (from ‘Three Voices’)
2. Munma: A tribute to Mahjoub Omar
3. Munma & Mariam Hammoud: Mou3ad
4. Munma & Mash: Avril
5. Munma: Eole (from ‘Three Voices’)
6. El Rass & Munma: Kashghara
7. Munma & Hamdi Mejdoub: M7ebba
8. Munma & Mariam Hammoud: Wasaya
9. Munma: Cadavre exquis (from ‘Three Voices’)
10. Munma & Naserdayn al Touffar: Nay
11. El Far3i & Munma: Shu beddak
12. El Rass & Munma: Nafas live at Oshtoora (YouTube audio)
13. Munma & Mash: Les fleurs du mal
14. Munma & Mariam Hammoud: Thalatheen
15. Munma: Chien fou (from ‘Three Voices’)