Ziad Nawfal’s November 2021 mix for Radio Ma3azef featured a guest takeover from Lebanese musician and producer ANTHONY SAHYOUN, on the occasion of the release of his solo album Proof by Infinite Descent:
“This mix acts as a sort of prologue to my album Proof by Infinite Descent’s release on the 19th of November. It’s basically a mash-up of the work I was involved in while the record was materializing. It has some tracks from the record, some live stuff some weird morphs, as well as some of the collaborative work that’s a big part of my life, specifically the collaborations I was working on during while producing Proof: Kinematik Ensemble – with Rudy Ghafari, Akram Hajj, Jad Atoui, Ziad Moukarzel and Teddy Tawil; NP – with Jad Atoui, May Berde – with Teddy Tawil; and a track by The Art of Boo, which I produced.
I firmly believe that collaborative work is the blueprint for my individual work, it only makes sense to have them here – Anthony”
2. Khifat Al Atraf (with Firas Al Hallak)
3. Kinematik – Al Jadi
4. Wasted Efforts (with Julia Sabra)
6. NP – Iridescence
7. The Art of Boo – Promenade
11. Requiem (morph mix)
12. Kinematik – 4th august 5:00pm part 2
14. May Berde – 4b
Ziad Nawfal’s monthly mix for Radio Ma3azef in Tunis, featuring artists from Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, Morocco, Indonesia and Canada:
1. Kinematik – Al Jadi (Capricorn)
2. Senyawa – Alkisah I [Anthony Sahyoun Remix]
3. NP [Anthony Sahyoun & Jad Atoui] – Anteater
4. Bergsonist – Aquatic Empathy
5. Khaled Omran – Arak
6. Calamita – Sidi Mansour
7. KOZO – Take On Kikutake
8. Omarchestra [Osman Arabi, Umut Çağlar, Tony Elieh, Charbel Haber, Maurice Louca, Sharif Sehnaoui, Sam Shalabi & Fadi Tabbal] – King Hassan
9. Johnny Kafta Anti-Vegetarian Orchestra [Tony Elieh, Charbel Haber, Mazen Kerbaj, Malek Rizkallah, Sharif Sehnaoui & Raed Yassin] – Bedo’s Lullaby
10. Ilvy – Gargantua
11. Spoils & Servants – The Sea Inside
NEW FROM RUPTURED ON JULY 8th.
The duo of Lebanese electronic producers Jad Atoui and Anthony Sahyoun releases LATTICES, its first album release of grainy, evocative ambient explorations.
LATTICES is concerned with the exploration of non-deterministic approaches to producing electronic music, based on improvised techniques using modular systems and synthesizers.
Performed and produced by Jad Atoui and Anthony Sahyoun at home during lockdown in Beirut, 2020.
Mixed by Anthony Sahyoun at Tunefork Studios, Beirut.
Mastered by Rafael Irisarri at Black Knoll Studios, NYC.
Artwork by Anthony Sahyoun.
Pre-order from Bandcamp HERE
Also available from Amazon + Anghami + Apple Music + Deezer + Juno + Spotify
Ziad Nawfal’s monthly mix for Radio Ma3azef in Tunis – featuring music from Egypt, Lebanon, Tunisia, Iran, Scotland and the UK:
1. FRKTL – Where All Levels Cross [EG]
2. Pie Are Squared – 0CL8 [EG]
3. Jawad Nawfal – Nine Hundred Chariots [LB]
4. Azu Tiwaline – Tessiture [TN]
5. Shakeeb Abu Hamdan & Sholto Dobie – Sling Shotting [LB/UK]
6. Ahmed Saleh – Right Side [EG]
7. Etyen & Khansa – Rabbi [LB]
8. Saint Abdullah – The Birds Discuss the Journey (feat. John Butcher) [IR/UK]
9. Sandy Chamoun – Dreams of The Imagination / أحلام الخيال [LB]
10. NP [Jad Atoui + Anthony Sahyoun] – Grinning Through Dust [LB]
11. Hassan Khan – Tabla Dubb No.15 [EG]
12. Bikya [Maurice Louca / Mahmoud Refat / Mahmoud Waly] – Rokab [EG]
13. Sepehr – Contamination [IR]