The intrepid Interbellum have been in the midst of a European tour for the last couple of months, and will be playing several shows in The Netherlands (and Belgium) this November. Check out their dates below, and be sure not to miss them!
07.11 Enschede, Tanksation
08.11 Den Haag, Villa K
09.11 Hoorn, Uptown Records (afternoon)
10.11 Utrecht, Le Mini Who (afternoon)
11.11 Maastricht, Kaleido
13.11 Antwerp (BE), Cfou
14.11 Den Helder, de Bliksem
15.11 Amsterdam, de Peper (OT301 20th Anniversary)
16.11 Haarlem, The Irrational Library HQ (afternoon)
16.11 Breda, Het Hijgend Hert
New music video by Interbellum!
“Ready to Dissolve” is the new single off Interbellum’s sophomore album Dead Pets, Old Griefs, released by Ruptured in October 2018.
Filmmaker Camille Cabbabé and the two leads snuck into the dilapidated Grand Theatre in Beirut on a sun-streaked April day – watch the haunting result below.
The album can be purchased via Bandcamp here.
Featuring artists from Lebanon, Egypt, Palestine, Morocco and France:
1. Interbellum – Ready to dissolve
2. Postcards – Revolvers
3. Alko B – Elephant in the room [Ruptured session, to be released Xmas 2018]
4. Mme Chandelier – Exodus
5. Oiseaux-Tempete + Bunny Tylers – The little known ending fading away [Live]
6. Munma – Eole
7. Kid Fourteen – Ice in my eyes
8. Cosmic Analog Ensemble – Phoenician rose
9. Heroes & Villains – The rest is history
10. Tapeman No. 1 – Le coeur sec
11. Ziad Qoulaii Allstars – Mystique [Unreleased]
12. Maryam Saleh, Maurice Louca & Tamer Abu Ghazaleh – Nefsif akli
13. Panstarrs – Dor el fo2 [Unreleased]
A few weeks following the release of Lebanese indie band Interbellum‘s sophomore album “Dead Pets, Old Griefs” on Ruptured, here are some of the reviews that were written about this unique collection of songs:
Interbellum – Dead Pets, Old Griefs [CD release, October 2018]
Interbellum is the musical project of Lebanese singer-songwriter Karl Mattar. Formed in 2015, the project sees him working alongside multi-instrumentalist and producer Fadi Tabbal and other musicians from the Beirut music scene. Interbellum started as a lo-fi rock outfit and expanded into more left-field pop rock.
Dead Pets, Old Griefs (Ruptured, 2018) is the band’s second album and features 10 songs that revolve around themes of memory, time, childhood, and loss. Apocalyptic imagery – real, imagined and figurative – permeates the album, and the instrumentation follows suit, warping, distorting and folding on itself. The record plays like a broken music box, its kaleidoscopic melodic songs disjointed and smeared by noise, dissonance and processed sounds. Recorded in Tabbal’s Tunefork Studios, the album also features contributions by Marwan Tohme, Julia Sabra and Pascal Semerdjian from Postcards, as well as Camille Cabbabé from KŌZŌ.
Ruptured and Zoukak Theatre Company present Interbellum Album Launch Concert Wednesday 26 September, 9pm
Karl Mattar – vocals, guitar, synth
Julia Sabra – vocals, synths
Camille Cabbabé – bass, synth
Pascal Semerdjian – drums
Interbellum is the musical project of Lebanese singer-songwriter Karl Mattar, aka Charlie Rayne.
Formed in 2015, the project sees Mattar working alongside multi-instrumentalist and producer Fadi Tabbal and other musicians from the Beirut music scene.
Interbellum’s new album “Dead Pets, Old Griefs” will be released by Lebanese independent record label Ruptured on September 26th during a performance at Zoukak Studio. International and online distribution will follow on October 5th via Cargo Records UK.
Copies of the album will be available at the door. Facebook event here
Featuring artists from Lebanon, Egypt, Armenia, France, Canada & the USA
1. Heroes & Villains: Snake and feather (lb)
2. Cosmic Analog Ensemble: S’aventurer (lb)
3. Interbellum: Another day (lb)
4. The New Year: Snow (us)
5. Kid Fourteen: Blood-thick silence (lb)
6. Toni Geitani: Raboukom (lb)
7. Aya Metwalli: Manyaka (eg)
8. Nadah el-Shazly: Afqid ad dakhira (eg)
9. El Rass & Munma: Return of the penguin (lb)
10. Khoum: Sem (am)
11. Marc Codsi: Invocation 1 (lb)
12. The Bunny Tylers: Hello your grace (lb)
13. Oiseaux-Tempete & The Bunny Tylers: The little-known ending fading away (fr/lb)
14. Dwarfs Of East Agouza: Rats don’t eat synthesizers (us/eg/ca)