On the occasion of the release of Munma‘s new LP Three Voices in Beirut, this edition of the Ruptures radio show featured demos, album tracks, exclusive versions and remixes culled from this talented Lebanese producer’s 10-year (and ongoing) career.
1. Munma: Soft Integration (Previews and Premises, 2010)
2. Munma: A Tribute to Mahjoub Omar (demo, 2013)
3. El Rass & Munma: ‘Awdat al Batriq (Adam, Darwin & the Batriq, 2014)
4. Munma with Naserdayn el Touffar: Nay (demo, 2014)
5. Munma: Munma (34 Days, 2006)
6. Munma: IRM (Black Tuesday, 2007)
7. Munma: Engram (Unholy Republic, 2008)
8. Trash Inc. & Munma: Nightwalker #2 (demo, 2009)
9. Index/Left: Hecatonchires (demo, 2010)
10. Scrambled Eggs: Bleeding Nun (Munma remix, from Happy Together Filthy Forever, 2006)
11. Litter: Hummingbird (Munma remix, from Newfound Grids, 2012)
12. Infinite Moment of Composure: Infiltration (Turbulence, 2012)
13. Tasjil Moujahed: Aviatrix (Musafer, 2012)
14. Munma feat. radiokvm: The Funeral (No Apologies, 2013)
Lebanese electronic musician Sary Moussa aka Radiokvm was the guest of Ruptures for an interview and live performance. He was accompanied by another star of Beirut’s contemporary music scene, Liliane Chlela, who was herself the guest of Ruptures some weeks prior.
Lebanese musician Ziad Moukarzel, aka Mocques, was the guest of Ruptures for an interview + live electronic performance. Mocques’ ‘Ruptured’ showcase took place a couple of weeks following his first solo concert in Beirut, during which he played alongside local musicians Munma and Jad Atoui, and foreign musicians Kirdec (Belgium) and One Man Nation (Singapore).
Lebanese dubstep duo INDEX/LEFT (Ziad Moukarzel & Jawad Nawfal) were the guests of RUPTURES to present a selection of new tracks recorded exclusively for their BASEMENT concert of July 16. And by the same token, the two hyperactive boys offered Ruptures’ audience an overview of the Dubstep genre, from its early beginnings to the present day.
One of the first and foremost Lebanese artists operating in the field of electronica today, JAWAD NAWFAL has held live appearances in Lebanon and France, and regularly collaborated with Lebanese electronic musicians (including TRASH INC and dubstep project INDEX/LEFT). He has released 3 albums of ambient electronic music between 2006 and 2008 on Lebanese label Incognito, under the name Munma.
He was the guest of RUPTURES to present his 4th album “Previews & Premises”, a collection of tracks recorded by Nawfal between 2006 and 2010. Not exactly a compilation, not exactly a concept album either, this new release was accompanied by a live concert at The Basement, on May 14, which marked Munma’s first “solo” appearance on a Lebanese stage since 2007.