Coinciding with the release of Lebanese musician and producer Fadi Tabbal’s new album MUSIC FOR THE LONELY Vol.2 by Lebanese indie label Ruptured, Ziad Nawfal’s monthly mix for Ma3azef consisted exclusively of tracks by Fadi Tabbal, both from his solo and various group projects.
- Fadi Tabbal – Woolgathering (2013)
- The Bunny Tylers – While Her Blood Screams His Name (2016)
- Stress Distress – What Children Dream About (2019)
- Scrambled Eggs – SE + SS, MK & FT (2010)
- Under The Carpet – Rock Bottom (2015)
- Fadi Tabbal – The Quiet Earth (2013)
- Stress Distress – Night [Theme from Days of Gone 2] (2016)
- Fadi Tabbal – The New and Improved Guide to Birdwatching Vol.2 (2020)
- Fadi Tabbal – Music for Circles (2018)
- Fadi Tabbal – How’s Annie (Edit) (2016)
- Fadi Tabbal – Crystal Palace (2015)
- The Bunny Tylers – Contact Transfer Stains (2016)
- Fadi Tabbal – Ceremony by The Sea (2020)
- Fadi Tabbal – Snow Scene [with Ghassan Sahhab] (2022)
LANDING JANUARY 28:
Lebanese composer, musician & producer Fadi Tabbal continues his ambient explorations on Music for the Lonely Vol.2 (2019-2021), a selection of recordings from live, film and dance performances.
Music for the Lonely Vol.2 (2019-2021) is Fadi Tabbal’s sixth solo release and the second in his “Music for the Lonely” series. Where Volume 1 was purely guitar-based, this album sees Tabbal working almost exclusively with synthesizers and tape loops. The tracks are an exploration of controlled randomness in music composition, while still dealing with the recurrent theme of alienation present in all of his work.
Written, recorded, mixed and performed by Fadi Tabbal at Tunefork Studios, Beirut.
Mastered by Ziad Moukarzel, Jason Powers and Cedrik Fermont.
Picture by Fadi Tabbal. Design by Josette Khalil.
Digital release + limited edition cassette, exclusive to Ruptured’s Bandcamp page.
Order from Ruptured HERE
Stream on Spotify HERE
ABOUT FADI TABBAL:
Lebanese musician, producer, and sound engineer Fadi Tabbal’s body of work consists of ambient pieces using guitar, tape loops and synthesizer. He has released 5 solo albums since 2013, with his 6th Music for the Lonely Vol.2 due for release via Ruptured Records on 28 January 2022.
In addition to handling engineering and production tasks at Tunefork Studios which he founded in 2006, Tabbal is a specialist in sound conception and design. He has worked on a variety of projects, including sound and music installations for museums, theatre, and film. He is the technical director of Irtijal, Lebanon and the MENA region’s leading experimental music festival, since 2011.
Tabbal frequently collaborates with fellow ambient musician Charbel Haber, and the two of them have a new album coming out at the end of 2022 on French label Nahal. He is also currently working on an electronic duo with Postcards lead singer Julia Sabra. He was a member of several Lebanese indie bands, including The Bunny Tylers, The Incompetents, Scrambled Eggs and singer/songwriter Youmna Saba’s experimental oriental folk project. He has also recorded and produced some of the most renowned artists from the MENA region’s contemporary alternative and oriental music scenes.
Ziad Nawfal’s monthly mix for Radio Ma3azef in Tunis – special Irtijal’20 edition featuring music from all festival participants:
1. Ghassan Sahhab – Taqasim Qanun [LB]
2. Paed Conca w/ City of Salt – Dreamy Ape [CH/IQ/CA]
3. Two or The Dragon – Live at Metro, June 2018 [LB]
4. Aya Metwalli – All the Gold on Earth [EG]
5. NAR – Ma Tensa [LB]
6. Calamita – Al’Il [LB/IT]
7. Rabih Beaini – Light Within a Light [LB]
8. Sary Moussa – Distance [LB]
9. Fadi Tabbal – The New and Improved Guide to Birdwatching Vol.3 (Patricia Wolf Beatless Remix) [LB/US]
10. TEDTEDTED – Day 21 (Diary of A Revolution) [LB]
11. Jad Atoui – Zikr [LB]
12. Ziad Moukarzel – Questions of Worry [LB]
13. Kinematik – Al-Qulub Al-Mughallafa Bet-Turab La Tankaser [LB]