NEW FROM RUPTURED & ANNIHAYA ON AUGUST 18th.
Following their collaboration on the Lebanese vinyl edition of Senyawa’s “Alkisah” in February 2021, indie labels Annihaya and Ruptured are collaborating on two vinyl releases, to be released simultaneously in August 2021.
These are the 3rd album from Lebanese post-rock collective KINEMATIK, entitled “Al Jadi”, and the 2nd album from CALAMITA (the trio of guitarist Sharif Sehnaoui, bassist Tony Elieh and drummer Davide Zolli), entitled “Nemesis”.
NEW FROM RUPTURED ON JULY 8th.
The duo of Lebanese electronic producers Jad Atoui and Anthony Sahyoun releases LATTICES, its first album release of grainy, evocative ambient explorations.
LATTICES is concerned with the exploration of non-deterministic approaches to producing electronic music, based on improvised techniques using modular systems and synthesizers.
Performed and produced by Jad Atoui and Anthony Sahyoun at home during lockdown in Beirut, 2020.
Mixed by Anthony Sahyoun at Tunefork Studios, Beirut.
Mastered by Rafael Irisarri at Black Knoll Studios, NYC.
Artwork by Anthony Sahyoun.
Pre-order from Bandcamp HERE
Also available from Amazon + Anghami + Apple Music + Deezer + Juno + Spotify
Ziad Nawfal’s monthly mix for Radio Ma3azef in Tunis:
1. Stellar Banger – Intro PREMIERE
2. Two or The Dragon – Dance Grooves for The Weary [excerpt] PREMIERE
3. Sharif Sehnaoui & Tony Elieh – Woe to Him [excerpt]
4. Liliane Chlela & Ziad Moukarzel – Dahr el Baydar [excerpt]
5. Anthony Sahyoun & Jad Atoui – Walls Don’t Blink [excerpt]
6. Fadi Tabbal & Julia Sabra – Roots
7. Elyse Tabet & Jawad Nawfal – Courbe Lisse
8. Charbel Haber & Sary Moussa – And Yet Another Romance on A Sinking Ship [excerpt]
9. Aya Metwalli & Nadia Daou – Saturnus [excerpt]
Ziad Nawfal’s monthly mix for Radio Ma3azef in Tunis – featuring music from Egypt, Lebanon, Tunisia, Iran, Scotland and the UK:
1. FRKTL – Where All Levels Cross [EG]
2. Pie Are Squared – 0CL8 [EG]
3. Jawad Nawfal – Nine Hundred Chariots [LB]
4. Azu Tiwaline – Tessiture [TN]
5. Shakeeb Abu Hamdan & Sholto Dobie – Sling Shotting [LB/UK]
6. Ahmed Saleh – Right Side [EG]
7. Etyen & Khansa – Rabbi [LB]
8. Saint Abdullah – The Birds Discuss the Journey (feat. John Butcher) [IR/UK]
9. Sandy Chamoun – Dreams of The Imagination / أحلام الخيال [LB]
10. NP [Jad Atoui + Anthony Sahyoun] – Grinning Through Dust [LB]
11. Hassan Khan – Tabla Dubb No.15 [EG]
12. Bikya [Maurice Louca / Mahmoud Refat / Mahmoud Waly] – Rokab [EG]
13. Sepehr – Contamination [IR]
Ziad Nawfal’s 6th monthly mix for Movement Radio in Athens – featuring music from Lebanon, Palestine, Jordan, Palestine, Turkey and Indonesia:
1. Faten Kanaan – The North Wind [SY/PS/JO/LB]
2. Senyawa – Alkisah I (Anthony Sahyoun Remix) [LB]
3. Anthony Sahyoun – Two Foxes Trotting on A Lane in Qartaba [LB]
4. Charbel Haber – Beside A Monument to Whirling Nebulas of Murderers’ Fantasies, dressed in Sunday Best, Lay the Bodies of Docile Beasts [LB]
5. The Bunny Tylers – The Skies and Planets Over Stalingrad Days Before the Defeat [LB]
6. Fadi Tabbal – After the Fire, Before the End (feat. Julia Sabra) [LB]
7. Asaf Zeki Yüksel – Democracy Lessons [TR]
8. Marc Codsi – A Light [LB]
9. Senyawa – Istana (Jawad Nawfal Remix) [ID/LB]
10. NAR – Ma Tensa [LB]
[This mix was commissioned and produced by Onassis Cultural Center, and presented for the first time in the frame of MOVEMENT RADIO]
Ziad Nawfal’s monthly mix for Radio Ma3azef in Tunis – SENYAWA REDUX
A mix of tracks by Indonesian art-rock duo Senyawa from the last decade, including several excerpts from digital compilation “Alkisah Remixed”, released in February 2021 by Beirut labels Ruptured & Annihaya:
1. Senyawa – Fasih
2. Senyawa – Alkisah I (Cedrik Fermont Remix)
3. Stephen O’Malley & Senyawa – Bima dan Ular Naga, Part I
4. Senyawa – Di Kala Sudah
5. Senyawa – Istana (Aya Metwalli Remix)
6. Senyawa – Gugur
7. Senyawa – brønshøj 4
8. Senyawa – Kekuasaan (Anthony Sahyoun Remix) [Unreleased]
9. Senyawa – Kembali Ke Dunia (Return to The World)
10. Senyawa – Kabau (Stephanie Merchak Ambient Remix)
11. Wukir Suriyadi – Solo Performance in Bali
12. Senyawa – Kiamat (Jana Saleh Remix)
Arriving February 21 on Ruptured + Annihaya.
Ruptured and Annihaya (as well as a hefty assortment of indie labels from all over the place, including Jordan’s Drowned By Locals and Bahrain’s Qarar) are taking part in the release of SENYAWA’s incredible new album “Alkisah”, on February 21st.
To accompany our co-release of “Alkisah”, we’ve commissioned remixes from some of our favorite contributors: Anthony Sahyoun, Aya Metwalli, C-drík, Hatem Imam, Jad Atoui, Jana Saleh, Jawad Nawfal, Safa, Stephanie Merchak and Ziad Moukarzel.
Order from Bandcamp HERE and HERE
WATCH ‘ISTANA’ VIDEO