Arthur Teboul, lead singer with French rock quintet Feu! Chatterton, was the guest of “Ruptures” on Radio Liban 96.2 FM, for an interview revolving around the recording of the band’s first 2 albums, as well as their upcoming concert at Music Hall in Beirut.
A few weeks following the release of Lebanese indie band Interbellum‘s sophomore album “Dead Pets, Old Griefs” on Ruptured, here are some of the reviews that were written about this unique collection of songs:
CALAMITA, the free-rock powerhouse trio of Lebanese musicians Sharif Sehnaoui and Tony Elieh (on electric guitar and bass respectively) and drummer Davide Zolli (from Italian psych rock outfit Squadra Omega) embarks on its first European tour this coming week!
The band’s self-titled first album was released by Ruptured in December 2017. Check it out on Bandcamp here.
– Oct 22: Calamita @ Cox 18, Milano, Italy
– Oct 24: Calamita @ Magasin Général, Tarnac, France
– Oct 26: Calamita @ Atelier de l’Etoile, Besançon, France
– Oct 27: Calamita @ Les Lentilleres, Dijon, France
Interbellum – Dead Pets, Old Griefs
[CD Release by Ruptured, October 2018]
Interbellum is the musical project of Lebanese singer-songwriter Karl Mattar. Formed in 2015, the project sees him working alongside multi-instrumentalist and producer Fadi Tabbal and other musicians from the Beirut music scene. Interbellum started as a lo-fi rock outfit and expanded into more left-field pop rock.
Dead Pets, Old Griefs(Ruptured, 2018) is the band’s second album and features 10 songs that revolve around themes of memory, time, childhood, and loss. Apocalyptic imagery – real, imagined and figurative – permeates the album, and the instrumentation follows suit, warping, distorting and folding on itself. The record plays like a broken music box, its kaleidoscopic melodic songs disjointed and smeared by noise, dissonance and processed sounds. Recorded in Tabbal’s Tunefork Studios, the album also features contributions by Marwan Tohme, Julia Sabra and Pascal Semerdjian from Postcards, as well as Camille Cabbabé from KŌZŌ.
Interbellum is the musical project of Lebanese singer-songwriter Karl Mattar, aka Charlie Rayne.
Formed in 2015, the project sees Mattar working alongside multi-instrumentalist and producer Fadi Tabbal and other musicians from the Beirut music scene.
Interbellum’s new album “Dead Pets, Old Griefs” will be released by Lebanese independent record label Ruptured on September 26th during a performance at Zoukak Studio. International and online distribution will follow on October 5th via Cargo Records UK.
Featuring artists from Lebanon, Egypt, Armenia, France, Canada & the USA
1. Heroes & Villains: Snake and feather (lb)
2. Cosmic Analog Ensemble: S’aventurer (lb)
3. Interbellum: Another day (lb)
4. The New Year: Snow (us)
5. Kid Fourteen: Blood-thick silence (lb)
6. Toni Geitani: Raboukom (lb)
7. Aya Metwalli: Manyaka (eg)
8. Nadah el-Shazly: Afqid ad dakhira (eg)
9. El Rass & Munma: Return of the penguin (lb)
10. Khoum: Sem (am)
11. Marc Codsi: Invocation 1 (lb)
12. The Bunny Tylers: Hello your grace (lb)
13. Oiseaux-Tempete & The Bunny Tylers: The little-known ending fading away (fr/lb)
14. Dwarfs Of East Agouza: Rats don’t eat synthesizers (us/eg/ca)