Ruptured had the privilege of hosting exceptional British musician Nadine Shah in Beirut, for two live events:
A radio session on Radio Liban 96.2 FM on Friday 11/05, engineered by Fadi Tabbal +
A concert at Onomatopoeia The Music Hub on Saturday 12/05, featuring James Brown from UK band Pulled Part by Horses and Lebanese singer-songwriter Youmna Saba
Saturday 23 March 2018, Radio Lebanon 96.2FM (8-9pm)
1. Tamer Abu Ghazaleh, Maryam Saleh & Maurice Louca: Nefsif akli (ps/eg)
2. Mutamassik: Waiting for my orders (us)
3. Aya Metwalli: Fein enta (eg)
4. Munma: Muse (lb)
5. omrr: Quicksands (eg)
6. Cosmic Analog Ensemble: Pourparlers + Les sourdes oreilles (lb)
7. Zeid Hamdan: Mekdass w Abel (lb)
8. Wake Island: Never entirely there (lb/ca)
9. Sufyvn: Dust (sd)
10. Dwarfs Of East Agouza: Rats don’t eat synthesizers (us/ca/eg)
11. Gökçen Kaynatan: Sihirbaz (tr)
12. KELAB (eg)
13. Mutamassik: Marvellous in training (us)
For our second “Ruptured Session” of 2018, we were thrilled to welcome in the studios of Radio Liban 96.2FM Lebanese band POSTCARDS, consisting for this particular occasion of Julia Sabra (guitar & vocals), Marwan Tohme (guitar & backing vocals), and Pascal Semerdjian (bass & backing vocals). The three musicians spoke at length about the making of their most recent release “I’ll be here in the morning” (T3 Records + Ruptured, 2018), presented some of their favorite tracks, and performed two songs from the album.
Egyptian musician Youssef Abouzeidaka PanSTARRS was the guest of Ruptures on Radio Liban 96.2 FM, for an interview revolving around his performance at Beirut & Beyond International Music Festival (December 7-10, 2017) and concert at Dawawine the following week.
Monday 27th November 2017, Radio Lebanon 96.2FM (8-9pm)
Lebanese electro-pop band GIZZMO (Joy Moughanni, Alex Chahine and Camilio El Khoury) were the guests of Ruptures on Radio Liban 96.2FM, for an interview detailing the production of their first EP “System Failure”, on Fantôme de Nuit Records.