I asked some of my musician friends from Beirut, to list their 10 favorite albums of 2014…
Or the music they’ve listened to the most during the past year, regardless of date of release
Anthony Khoury (Adonis)
In no particular order:
– The Neighbourhood: I Love You
– Daft Punk: Random Access Memories
– Lana Del Rey: Ultraviolence
– Mount Kimbie: Cold Spring Faultless Youth
– Paolo Nutini: Caustic Love
– St. Vincent: S/t
– Coldplay: Ghost Stories
– Lykke Li: I Never Learn
– Beck: Morning Phase
– Azealia Banks: Broke With No Taste
– Ramly: Drown The Morning Sun
Published by z.nawfal
ZIAD NAWFAL is a Beirut-based DJ, radio host, music promoter and producer, and the co-founder of ground-breaking independent label Ruptured with Lebanese studio owner and engineer Fadi Tabbal.
Nawfal has spent the better part of the last 20 years exposing Lebanon and the world to the special local and regional independent music talent, on his long-running radio shows ‘Ruptures’ and ‘Decalages’ on Radio-Lebanon 96.2FM.
Since 2010, he is also the managing director of Irtijal, the first and foremost festival for experimental music in Lebanon.
View all posts by z.nawfal