Sea Sky Services was a series of call-and-response mixes that Ruptured commissioned from musicians, collaborators and friends. First up was writer and scholar Rayya Badran.
1. Gohan – Radio Tripoli
2. Blondes – Pleasure (Andy Stott Remix)
3. Tropic Of Cancer – More Alone
4. Dirty Beaches – Tu ne dis rien (Françoise Hardy cover)
5. Liz Allbee – A Charmed Life
6. Julianna Barwick – Anjos
7. Tim Hecker – Sketch 7
8. Hype Williams – Your Girl Smells Chung When She Wears Dior
9. J Dilla – Last Donut Of The Night
10. Madvillain – Supervillain Theme (Instrumental)
11. Hype Williams – Hype Williams Meets Shangaan Electro
12. Don Cherry – Multikulti Soothsayer Player
ZIAD NAWFAL is a Beirut-based DJ, radio host, music promoter and producer, and the co-founder of ground-breaking independent label Ruptured with Lebanese studio owner and engineer Fadi Tabbal.
Nawfal has spent the better part of the last 20 years exposing Lebanon and the world to the special local and regional independent music talent, on his long-running radio shows ‘Ruptures’ and ‘Decalages’ on Radio-Lebanon 96.2FM.
Since 2010, he is also the managing director of Irtijal, the first and foremost festival for experimental music in Lebanon.
View all posts by z.nawfal
One thought on “RAYYA BADRAN // Sea Sky Services Mixtape // Feb 2013”
Beautiful : )