I asked some of my favorite musician and artist friends, from Beirut and beyond, to list their 10 favorite albums of 2012…
Alternately, they could also provide me with a list of the records they listened to the most in 2012, regardless of date of release.
Sae Lis’ (musician)
– Ben Howard: Every Kingdom
– The XX: Coexist
– Delilah: From The Roots Up
– Marcus Miller: Renaissance
– Ellie Goulding: Lights
– Caravan Palace: Self-titled
– Ibrahim Maalouf: Diagnostic
– Charlie Winston: Running Still
– Brigitte: Et vous tu m’aimes?
– Andy Allo: Superconductor
– Michael Kiwanuka: Home Again
Published by z.nawfal
ZIAD NAWFAL is a Beirut-based DJ, radio host, music promoter and producer, and the co-founder of ground-breaking independent label Ruptured with Lebanese studio owner and engineer Fadi Tabbal.
Nawfal has spent the better part of the last 20 years exposing Lebanon and the world to the special local and regional independent music talent, on his long-running radio shows ‘Ruptures’ and ‘Decalages’ on Radio-Lebanon 96.2FM.
Since 2010, he is also the managing director of Irtijal, the first and foremost festival for experimental music in Lebanon.
View all posts by z.nawfal