I asked some of my favorite musician and artist friends, from Beirut and beyond, to list their 10 favorite albums of 2012…
Alternately, they could also provide me with a list of the records they listened to the most in 2012, regardless of date of release.
Eileen Khatchadourian (musician)
– Lykke Li: Wounded Rhymes
– Sofia Jannok: Áššogáttis (By the Embers)
– Rossini: La petite messe solennelle
– Rufus Wainwright: Self-titled
– Amy Winehouse: Back To Black
– Raffi Wartanian: Pushkin Street
– PJ Harvey: Let England Shake
– Gotye: Somebody That I Used To Know (single)
– Brigitte: Et vous tu m’aimes?
– Adele: Skyfall (single)