I asked some of my favorite musician and artist friends, from Beirut and beyond, to list their 10 favorite albums of 2012…
Alternately, they could also provide me with a list of the records they listened to the most in 2012, regardless of date of release.
Ghassan Salhab (filmmaker)
– François Couperin: Tic-Toc-Choc & autres pièces / Alexandre Tharaud (piano)
– The Brian Jonestown Massacre
– Richard Skelton: Skura
– Godspeed You! Black Emperor: ‘Allelujah! Don’t Bend! Ascend!
– Schubert: Lieder / Bernarda Fink, Gerold Huber (piano)
– Mogwai: Earth Division EP
– Neil Young: Le Noise
– Set Fire To Flames: Telegraphs In Negative/Mouths Trapped In Static
– Tropic Of Cancer: The End Of All Things
– The Haxan Cloak: The Haxan Cloak