I asked some of my favorite musicians from Beirut and beyond, to tell me what their favorite records of 2011 were…
Carl Gerges: musician (Mashrou’ Leila, formerly with White Trees)
1. Kasabian: Velociraptor
2. Black Keys: El Camino
3. Arctic Monkeys: Suck It And See
4. Florence + The Machine: Ceremonials
5. Radiohead: The King Of Limbs
6. Daft Punk: Tron Legacy (OST)
7. Justice: Audio, Video, Disco
8. Lady Gaga: Born This Way
9. Kate Bush: 50 Words For Snow
10. Amy Winehouse: Lioness / Hidden Treasure
Published by z.nawfal
ZIAD NAWFAL is a Beirut-based DJ, radio host, music promoter and producer, and the co-founder of ground-breaking independent label Ruptured with Lebanese studio owner and engineer Fadi Tabbal.
Nawfal has spent the better part of the last 20 years exposing Lebanon and the world to the special local and regional independent music talent, on his long-running radio shows ‘Ruptures’ and ‘Decalages’ on Radio-Lebanon 96.2FM.
Since 2010, he is also the managing director of Irtijal, the first and foremost festival for experimental music in Lebanon.
View all posts by z.nawfal