I asked some of my favorite musicians from Beirut and beyond, to tell me what their favorite records of 2011 were…
Sary Moussa: musician (RadioKVM)
– Roly Porter: Aftertime (Subtext)
– Andy Stott: Passed Me By (Modern Love)
– Amon Tobin: ISAM (Ninja Tune)
– Hybris: The Elusive 101/Septic (Blackened)
– Venetian Snares: Cubist Reggae (Planet Mu)
– Various artists: Future Bass (Soul Jazz Records)
– Karsten Pflum: No Noia My Love (Hymen Records)
– Flying Lotus: Cosmogramma (Warp Records)
Published by z.nawfal
ZIAD NAWFAL is a Beirut-based DJ, radio host, music promoter and producer, and the co-founder of ground-breaking independent label Ruptured with Lebanese studio owner and engineer Fadi Tabbal.
Nawfal has spent the better part of the last 20 years exposing Lebanon and the world to the special local and regional independent music talent, on his long-running radio shows ‘Ruptures’ and ‘Decalages’ on Radio-Lebanon 96.2FM.
Since 2010, he is also the managing director of Irtijal, the first and foremost festival for experimental music in Lebanon.
View all posts by z.nawfal