I asked some of my favorite musicians from Beirut and beyond, to tell me what their favorite records of 2011 were…
The wonderful Mike Cooper chose to share with me some of the travel music playing on his iPhone in the past year:
– Robert Pete Williams: Louisiana Blues
– Elliott Sharp: Live in Dachau
– John Zorn: Interzone
– Rova Saxophone Quartet: Electric Ascension
– Marc Ribot: Spiritual Unity
– Dele Abiodon: Time for JuJu Music
– John Zorn: IOA
– Elliott Sharp/Frances Marie Uiti: Live
– Fennesz: Black Sea
– Adrian Sherwood & Dub Syndicate
Published by z.nawfal
ZIAD NAWFAL is a Beirut-based DJ, radio host, music promoter and producer, and the co-founder of ground-breaking independent label Ruptured with Lebanese studio owner and engineer Fadi Tabbal.
Nawfal has spent the better part of the last 20 years exposing Lebanon and the world to the special local and regional independent music talent, on his long-running radio shows ‘Ruptures’ and ‘Decalages’ on Radio-Lebanon 96.2FM.
Since 2010, he is also the managing director of Irtijal, the first and foremost festival for experimental music in Lebanon.
View all posts by z.nawfal